Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Break Suprises

We had a wonderful Spring Break that actually in a way lasted two weeks.  Billy had a week off and we got to enjoy some fun family time together doing things like having a picnic in the park, shopping and lots of time spent outside.  Surprise number one was the gorgeous weather we had in March - 70s and 80s - which I believe was record breaking.  Last year it snowed until April!  The following week, we had tentatively planned to have my siblings come up for their Spring Break but we were never sure who and if they were going to be able to come until the last minute.  So surprise number two was that not only did both my brother Scott and my sister Hannah get to come, my mom also got to come with them!  We spent such a wonderful (although too brief) time with them.  Maryn had a blast - she always had someone to play with - and she got to know my siblings much better.  She is still talking about Nona, Scott, and Hannah.

Playing with Scott

Hannah taught Maryn how to play Zelda

Picking up sticks and finding bunnies with Nona

Hannah also got to take a few super sweet pics of Maryn while she was here:






This picture just makes me laugh everytime


Our final and third surprise was one that we actually knew in February, but didn't share with family until that week we had family visiting...(drumroll please)....we're going to have another baby!!!  We are so excited and can't wait to meet our precious little one sometime around November 1st!  Right now, I'm about 11.5 weeks along (and showing! amazing how much quicker that happens the second time around) and looking forward to entering the second trimester.  I'm ready to feel more like myself.  I'm doing well and we got a quick peek at baby on an ultrasound last week and everything looks good so far.  We've decided to go with a midwife again since we had such a good experience with Maryn's birth.  And, yes, we do plan on finding out the gender - that will be in June sometime.  Of course we'll keep you posted!
5 weeks pregnant - I'll do another pic at 15 wks

Maryn's announcement



1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a great spring break, and such great news about baby #2.

    ReplyDelete