Monday, October 8, 2012

Maryn, 2 Years!

So I have totally gotten behind on Maryn updates.  She turned 2 in July! I'll have to do a separate post on her big birthday bash.  Here are the last of the monthly pictures.  I've decided to stop doing them now that she's two.  I think for now I'll do pics every 6 months.  Plus I'm about to have to start monthly shoots with a new little guy! 

Maryn 22 months
Maryn 23 months
Maryn 24 months (2!)
Maryn has entered such a fun phase now that she's two.  The biggest development is language - we're actually having conversations!  She says some of the funniest things, and has started asking lots of questions.  It's so nice for her to be able to tell me what she wants (or doesn't).  Yesterday she told me, "french fries make me happy" - haha! And of course my favorite is, "I love you, Momma!"  

She still loves Curious George.  She loves books - her current favorites are Llama Llama books and her Jesus Storybook Bible.  She constantly wants us to read to her, but she'll also spend a large amount of time flipping through books and "reading" to herself. She can sing her ABCs and count to 10.  She knows all her primary colors.  She loves playing with her farmhouse, her dollhouse, and her play kitchen.  She likes to color and draw. She enjoys "helping" around the house - her "chores" are feeding Graycie, putting the soap in the dishwasher, dusting, and picking up her toys, and sometimes I let her stand on a chair and help me with dinner.  Her very most favorite thing in the whole world though is singing.  She LOVES music and she basically sings all day long (and sometimes night).  She can actually sing most of the lyrics to her favorites - including Itsy Bitsy, Twinkle Twinkle, Zaccheus, The Wise Man, Down by the Bay, No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, Wheels on the Bus, All Aboard the Choo Choo Train, and Jesus Loves Me.  It's the cutest thing ever.  She also loves to sit at the piano and play/sing her own made up songs.   

Lately she has become very interested in baby Hudson's approaching arrival.  She loves to go to appointments to see the midwife with me and hear the baby's heartbeat.  She talks to the baby and gives my tummy lots of hugs and kisses.  We have several books about baby siblings that she loves to read. Every day we have the same conversation: "Baby Butson (how she says Hudson - haha!) come see me today?" No, not today, but very soon. "I hold him?" Yes.  "Like this? (cradles her arms)" Yes. "I share my toys with him. I show him my farmhouse. I feed him."  It's so sweet to see her excitement.  I still can't tell if she realizes this is a real baby we're talking about, or just an imaginary friend! We'll find out soon enough!

Maryn is such a blessing to us.  Overall, she is a very happy, easy going child.  She is very affectionate and wants to make people around her feel special.  Watching her develop is one of our greatest joys.  We wish time would slow down a bit though!

Here are a few pics from the last couple of months:







Llama Llama at the library
George at the library

No comments:

Post a Comment