Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Job


News that is both sad and happy: sometime in the next couple of weeks I will be headed back to work. Thankfully, I got a really terrific job at a Southwestern Medical Clinic just up the road from us in Niles, MI, and I'll only be working part-time (1-2 days a week). The clinic has 4 separate clinics within one building - internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, and an urgent care walk-in clinic (they also have OB/Gyn at a different site). I'll be working in the urgent care. The clinic is actually a Christian clinic, very unique. Here's their mission statement:

SWMC, by God's grace and following the example of Jesus Christ, strives to be a distinctive role model and leader in the integration of medical care, Christian witness, and missions.
Medical Care: To provide for our community compassionate, quality, and accessible healthcare for the whole person.
Christian Witness: To proclaim Jesus Christ by word and example.
Missions: To serve and support foreign and domestic medical missions.

How cool is that? It should be a great place to work - what a blessing from the Lord! I really love all of the people that I have met so far with whom I'll be working. The hard part is going to be leaving my sweet Maryn at home, plus figuring out all the annoying logistics like pumping at work - yuck. Thankfully, Billy will be able to stay at home with Maryn, so that's a relief. Anyway, I still have orientation, training, and a little more paperwork to get through before I actually start. Although I'm nervous and feeling really rusty in my medical knowledge and skills, I'm excited to step back into the role of "PA". I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an amazing place to work! What a huge blessing! I can't wait to hear how it all goes. I start back on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically I start on Monday, too, because that's when orientation begins. I'll be thinking of you - we'll both just be missing our babies all day! :(

    ReplyDelete