Friday, March 11, 2011

Good Gifts

Today is brag on my husband day.  Billy is not big on gifts.  They don't mean all that much to him, and he's really hard to shop for.  He also doesn't like surprises.  He's more of a quality time person.  I, however, love gifts and surprise gifts speak love to me.  Billy knows this, so even though he's not a "gift person", he likes to pick out things to surprise me with, and he's very good at it.  We don't spend much money on each other, but a little something every now and then goes a long way to tell me that he loves me! Lately, he has really outdone himself. 

Here's a necklace he surprised me with last November.  It's Maryn's birthstone.  He said it was a "just because" gift, and a thank you, for being Maryn's mom.  Isn't it pretty?  And he bought it on Etsy - how hot is that, ladies?


I got these ceramic owls for Christmas.  Billy ordered them from West Elm, a store I didn't even think he knew existed.  He bought them because he knew I was looking for a ceramic greyhound, but those are all just ridiculously expensive.  I was so surprised, and I love them!  I decided it's a momma and baby.  I named the momma Owlivia and the baby Archimedes (trivia: name that movie).


I got this pretty jewelry bowl for Valentines Day.  Billy ordered it from Pottery Barn; once again, a surprise - I hadn't even looked on the PB website in months.  He knew I needed a place to toss my jewelry at night.  It looks beautiful on our dresser.  I wish my jewelry looked this cool in it, haha.


Not sure if this lovely apron counts because technically I bought it.  I came home from shopping the other day going on and on to Billy about this adorable apron I found on sale for really cheap.  I've always wanted a cute apron.  I just didn't feel right about buying it for my self.  But Billy made me go back the next week and buy it, and said it was from him.  He said I needed it anyway, because I make such a mess when I cook.  :)


Billy's gift giving skills apparently don't stop with me.  We saw this cute little "smart phone" on sale in a mailer from BabiesRUs.  We joked that Maryn needed it because she always wants to play with our phones.  Today Billy went out to get his hair cut and he came back with this as a surprise for her.  That's right, he went into BabiesRUs all by himself and bought this!  What a great daddy!  And this is definitely Maryn's favorite toy now - she just loves it.


I have the best husband ever!!! Can't wait until our anniversary!  :)

6 comments:

  1. Awww! Good job Billy! :)

    That apron is adorable. One of these days (haha) I'm going to make myself an apron. ;)

    And yay for Etsy! That is a gorgeous necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. You got a GREAT guy! :)

    I need to go check out Etsy's site ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Katherine!!! One of our fav Disney movies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea what movie that was from...thanks Katherine. LOL.

    He's a sweet husband! Jeff is the SAME way. But it's my love language. I show love by getting thigns for people.

    I should do a post about some of the sweet things Jeff has gotten me. He loves to get stuff off etsy too.

    ReplyDelete