Sunday, April 3, 2011

James Taylor!!!

Remember my post about me loving surprise gifts and Billy being good at giving them?  Well, occasionally I can be good at giving them too.  Billy is really difficult to get gifts for, but when I heard about James Taylor coming to South Bend I knew concert tickets would be the perfect surprise.  I even managed to score front row seats, as in touching the stage.  Not only was Billy surprised, he was ecstatic.  I don't know if I will ever top this gift.  He has been a JT fan for life, and he introduced me to his music, so now I'm a pretty big fan myself.  The concert also included JT's son, Ben Taylor, whom Billy also really likes.  Best. Concert. Ever.  I mean absolutely fantastically amazing.  Although I think we may have been some of the youngest people there, haha.  But don't let those 50 or 60 something old ladies fool you - they can boogie.  And boy were they going crazy over James.

Here we are waiting for the show to begin:


But then we were notified by the concert hall security (aka camera nazis) that there would be no photography allowed at all.  Here they are, just waiting for someone to pull out a camera (which I was doing behind their backs):


But an inner rebel emerged, and I just had to sneak a few shots.  Billy is the rule follower, and I think I almost gave him a heart attack while I was snapping these:



Yeah, see how close we are?  And it gets better.  When James came out for the encore, he walked over to our side of the stage, stooped down, said, "Hi", and then SHOOK BOTH OF OUR HANDS!!!  I told you it was awesome.  

Just to give you a feel for how the concert was, here are two videos taken from the concert in Tulsa, which was just a couple of days before ours.  Love these songs:




As a side note, this is Maryn's favorite James Taylor song (shout out to Melissa and Jon for watching her during the concert - thanks guys!):




No comments:

Post a Comment