Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th of July

We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Maryn's first Independence Day!  On July 4th I was remembering that exactly one year ago I was big, hot, and uncomfortable as I watched Maryn's due date come and go (see this post), and I looked like this: 


Strangely enough, I happened to wear the same t-shirt to our festivities this year.  I guess I wear that one a lot, and apparently it shrunk back to normal size in the dryer, haha.  Maybe the navy color seems patriotic-ish?

Here we are in our red, white, and blue for church:


We went to Niles' community fireworks show with our friends Bob and Janelle and their kids Olivia and (newborn!) Kyle.  We had a great time and the fireworks show was perfect!  I was surprised at how many people were there - I didn't realize how big Niles is!

Bob and Kyle

Watching Olivia play

Janelle and the girls

Celebratory snacks

See the shirt?

Ooo...aaahh
We were nervous that fireworks and the loud noises might scare Maryn.  We were delightfully surprised, however, when she absolutely loved them!  Lots of squealing and excited pointing at the sky.  What fun!  Happy Birthday, America!

No comments:

Post a Comment