Tuesday, January 25, 2011

10 Years of Billy & Kate

Today officially marks 10 years of our relationship.  Ten years ago, after several months of close friendship (as in, "yes, for the 100th time, I swear we are just friends"), I got a phone call from Billy.  I was staying at a hotel in Tulsa, for a weekend of Oklahoma All-State Choir events.  Billy called to "ask me out" as we said in those days.  One of the best moments of my life.  I was 16 years old, Billy was 15 about to turn 16 in 2 weeks; we've been a couple ever since.  The rest is history.  High school graduation, college, engagement, marriage, a dog, grad school, and now a beautiful daughter.  I can't put into words how much I love my wonderful husband, my best friend.  I'm so thankful that he loved me 10 years ago, but even more that he loves me still!  Can't wait to see what the next 10 years bring!  Here are some pics from high school for your enjoyment:

Our first "date" (youth group outing)





5 comments:

  1. Wow! These pics are awesome, and I can't believe you guys have been together that long. Amazing. I loved your 6 month update on Maryn too I just didn't get a chance to comment. Love those cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you two are still so very happy and enjoying being parents! I still find it funny that we were both in All-State that year, might've even met, but didn't know each other until a couple of years later. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that you've announced you've been together 10 years makes me feel old but Cody and I are only celebrating 15 years this year of marriage so I don't feel that old- marriage is such a blessing - enjoyed your pictures

    ReplyDelete